Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Okay, I'm going over the 2008 one because that's the one that I put into the timeline.

Dr. Bruce Banner, played by Edward Norton, is desperately searching for a cure for the gamma radiation that contaminated his cells and, when his heart rate gets too high, turns him into the Hulk, which as you probably know, is a giant, green rage monster (as described by RDJ's Tony Stark in The Avengers). Because of this, he was cut off from his "one" true love, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler) as well as hide from his arch nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross, aka Betty's father. Then, Banner comes face to face with a new monster - The Abomination.

(Spoilers!)

 Okay, so Bruce is on the run. He has to hide from Gen. Ross and thus stay as far away from Betty as possible. And as much as Bruce wants to be with Betty, he would try to stay away regardless of her father. He's afraid of what he becomes and he's afraid he would hurt her if they get too close. But when Gen. Ross finally catches up to Bruce, Betty gets in the way and after multiple explosions....she lives. With barely a scratch. Okay. Okay. I know that Hulk!Bruce put his massive green arms all around her to protect her but you can't tell me she didn't get a single mark on her. That's bull. Hulk took Betty to this cave thing to creepily watch her sleep before shrinking. Now, Betty and Bruce are on the run together. They meet this guy, who apparently found the cure to Bruce's condition. They go to him, and he apparently gets cured. So then, this one guy, Emil Blonsky gets shattered by the Hulk, yet somehow lives and he's also turned into a Hulk-like creature. So, he's the Abomination. By this point in the film, you know you are going to have a Hulk 1 vs. Hulk 2.

Betty and Bruce team up with Thunderbolt. They go after The Abomination and destroy a bunch of buildings before, of course, the Hulk wins. But Bruce still goes "I must be alone." and bam, end of the movie.

Don't get me wrong, The Hulk is kind of a cool avenger, but he's also probably my least favorite. One thing that really gets me, is that before Mark Ruffalo, we had a different actor for each one. That annoyed me. Plus isn't it convenient that Hulk can't die? He heals. You cut him, shoot him, blow him away and he heals. There's nothing that can end him, even suicide. Just no. I don't like the Hulk too much. Human!Bruce is a lot better but once we get the Hulk, I'm out. I'm honestly glad that we're probably never going to have another Hulk film, and the only new Hulk-related films we get will be Avengers.

Okay, obviously, I don't like The Incredible Hulk, but if you want to really understand the Marvel Avengers series, then you kind of have to watch The Incredible Hulk. You might want to watch the 2003 Hulk, but I don't really include it in the timeline. That's also the only reason I'm reviewing it. Buuuut that's my opinion. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment