Friday, July 10, 2015

King Kong (2005)

Okay, so I used to watch this movie all the time. I had it on DVD and I even had the GameCube video game. Well, both got heavily damaged because of some unfortunate events and I haven't even thought about King Kong in years. Then like three months ago, I found it on this website and ended up watching it every night, my obsession renewed. Of course, now that I've been watching it nearly every night for three months, I've become aware of the stupid things that happened in the movie. Oh well, still love it. (Spoilers!)
So, we start out with a montage of singing and dancing and old timey, rundown New York. We meet Ann Darrow, Carl Denham and Preston. Some main characters, right. Well Ann's poor, a theater girl, and really caring about other people. She's also really obsessed with Jack Driscoll. (I can't get mad at her, I'm obsessed with certain character in this very movie as well as the actor that plays him). Carl is a movie director, looking to shoot on Skull Island, a mysterious island said to hold a terrifying creature. Preston is his assistant. Well, Carl meets Ann and convinces her to be his leading woman in his illegal film.

Throughout the first like hour or so, we have random shots of the characters on the S.S. Venture, a tramp steamer, Ann and Jack 'fall in love', Captain Englehorn (fave) starts having second thoughts and Carl reveals to Jack that they are heading to Skull Island. Jimmy, this kid that was found on the boat overhears them and immediately runs to Mr. Hayes. Bruce Baxter, this famous and smug actor, is also onboard, and honestly, I really, truly hate him. He's just my 100 percent least favorite character in this entire movie.

Well, after receiving a message about Carl's warrant for arrest, the ship takes a turn for Rangoon. However, their sudden decision actually ended up screwing them. They head into a dense fog, where they hit rock after rock. They had reached Skull Island.

With the Venture heavily damaged and unable to continue until fixed, Carl, Ann, Jack and a few other crew members take a boat to Skull Island, leaving Englehorn and the rest of the Venture's crew to fix the ship. Of course, Englehorn doesn't care whether or not Carl and them make it back by the time they are ready to leave. Anyways, Carl and co. walk through this path thing until they see a young girl. Carl tries to give her some chocolate, but the girl, feeling threatened, no doubt, attacks. This causes other members of this tribe thing to come forward. Then Mike, the sound guy, get's speared, causing Ann to lose her mind and scream her brains out. This awakens Kong, and sets the rest of the story.

Okay, time to talk about the stupid. Englehorn was totally alright leaving without Carl, Ann, Jack, Preston, Herb, Mike, Bruce and the other guys that went onshore. He was totally cool with it. But then, right when they are able to leave, Jack goes, "they've taken Ann" and suddenly everyone's like "Oh, sh*t" and THEY GO ASHORE TO FIND ONE GIRL THAT ENDS UP WANTING TO STAY ANYWAYS!

Why. Why risk your entire crew for one woman, Englehorn. Like seriously, man. I know you care about your ship and your crew, but seriously. I end up losing all my fave characters - aside from Englehorn of course. But come on. I lose Hayes and Lumpy and Choy and I can't handle losing fave characters, really I can't. I've been having an emotional breakdown because I don't know if Crowley from Supernatural is alive or not. I'm losing my mind here in the unknown and I don't like it.

Then, and I know that this argument has been argued before, they chose to take the big monkey back to New York. Let's think about this for a minute. There is an entire island filled with dinosaurs that were long thought to be extinct, and the one animal they chose to bring back was an oversized gorilla. wtf. guys. wtf.

Well, that's all the time I have tonight. I hope to see some more pageviews soon. Really though, I appreciate the people who have taken the time to look at my blog. Even if you don't comment or like or whatever, I still see that people are looking at them. Thank you so much to the people who have looked at it, however briefly.

Also, tomorrow, I won't be making a post probably since I did three tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment