Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Ouija

 
Ouija Boards. I've used them before. I'm sure some of you have as well. I actually still have a Ouija board. It's sitting right next to me as I type this post.

October 24, 2014 was the date that Ouija premiered in theaters. This film inspired many people to pick up a Ouija board of their own and play. I myself honestly thought that people were done trying to summon spirits using the board, but the movie brought that back. At least that's the case where I live. Well, anyways. I myself was too unfortunate to see the film when it came out in theaters. At the time, I was loaded with school work and by the time I finally got free time, the movie was out of theaters. I had to wait like what? Six months before I could even see it? Well then there was that problem. I didn't have the money to buy the movie myself. And my mom wouldn't take me to any Redbox to get it. Even if I could get to a Redbox, for the first few months, it was continuously rented out or only came as Blu-Ray. I don't own a Blu-Ray player, so I was pretty much screwed. It wasn't on Netflix and at the time, MegaShare was shut down, so I didn't have any way to see the horror flick.

Well, finally, last night, I was able to get the movie off Redbox. All that anticipation leading up to the film, and I was pretty disappointed. Sure the graphics were pretty good and all, but the movie wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It seemed to rely on mainly jumpscares and plot twists. I wasn't in the least bit scared. The only thing that really grabbed my attention was Lin Shaye, who plays Elise Rainier in the Insidious series. The film was pretty straightforward,  one character dies, and her friends use a Ouija Board to say goodbye but they accidently catch the attention of an angry spirit/demon who they try to stop, some dying on the way. That's pretty much how the movie goes, as well as tons of other movies.

While the film isn't as good as it's hyped up to be, it's still a movie worth watching. If you haven't already seen it and you're into supernatural horror flicks, then go ahead and watch Ouija. It's pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment