Saturday, July 4, 2015

Captain America: The First Avenger

 It's Independence Day here in America! So, naturally, the best film to review is Captain America. I usually don't even realize that it's Independence Day, but I saw a ton of Captain America shirts and I was like "ooohhhhh". Anyways. Onto the good stuff. (Spoilers!)
Captain America: The First Avenger starts out with researchers in the Artic Circle finding the wreckage of a large aircraft and end up finding a circular, red, white and blue object. Backing up to 1942, we see Johann Schmidt, leader of HYDRA invading a stone church in Norway. They are looking for the Tesseract - a mysterious artifact with untold powers (though you find out in later movies). Meanwhile, in New York City, Steve Rogers is rejected yet again by the military. He desperately wants to fight in World War II, but he really doesn't meet the standards. He confides to his buddy Bucky Barnes, and his conversation is overheard by Dr. Abraham Erskine. After enlisting Steve for his tests and seeing just how kind and good he really is, Erskine subjects Steve to the super soldier treatment by putting him in this special chamber where they inject him with Super Soldier Serum (didn't do a good job of picking the name, though). He was also dosed with "vita-rays." Steve comes out totally ripped.

Using his super-enhanced abilities, Steve becomes Captain America and fights the Schmidt, the Tesseract and HYDRA.

Anyways, I like Captain America. Steve is my favorite avenger. But the movie had a few points that bothered me. Like why did they inject Steve with Super Soldier Serum, where he was literally turned into the perfect soldier and the only person capable of defeating Schmidt and then turn him into a Broadway show? And why did Steve go with it at first? Also, in the beginning of the movie, how did Bucky get to right where Steve was when that guy was picking on him? Does Bucky just stalk Steve around? Because that's creepy. Then there's Peggy Carter and that whole ordeal. Why did Steve kiss another girl when he was clearly so into Peggy and she was clearly so into him. Or was she only into him because of the ^after? Kidding, I know she wasn't.

Also Howard Stark was literally just his son the entire movie. If I didn't know better, I'd say that Howard cloned himself and Tony Stark is really Howard. Just saying.

Well that's all that I have for the moment. I'm dead tired and I can't really say a lot of bad things about Captain America: The First Avenger because I freaking love this movie. It is fantastic and if you are thinking of getting into the marvel cinematic universe, I would probably watch this one first, and then Thor and then The Incredible Hulk. When I do a post on The Avengers, I'll upload a cinematic timeline for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment