Friday, July 3, 2015

Eragon


Eragon. This film is based off a book by Christopher Paolini. It's about a farmboy who discovers a dragon egg. The egg hatches and he becomes one of the legendary Dragon Riders and it is up to him and his dragon, Saphira, to save Alagaesia from the evil Galbatorix and his own dragon and army. 

Now, don't get me wrong. The books were AMAZING. My brother and I love them so much. Actually, we love them so much that my brother is naming his daughter after the elf, Arya. I kid you not. But the movie...that sucked. I can't tell you how psyched I was to see that there was going to be a movie based off of one of my favorite books. Then I see the movie...and they butchered it. It's like they didn't even read the books.

Everything about the entire movie was wrong. (Spoilers!). Like how Saphira grew. In the books, it took actual time. She actually grew like a normal freaking creature. In the movie, she flew and grew instantly. Also, in the books, Eragon first heard the name "Saphira" from Brom, when Eragon asked him names of dragons from the days of the Dragon Riders. However, the movie showed that Saphira chose the name for herself. Then there was the matter of how Eragon defeated Durza. They totally left out the part where Arya breaks the Star Sapphire, which creates a huge whole in any future sequels.

Just...the movie was ridiculous. They made such a terrible mess that they destroyed any chance of there being any movie sequels. Eldest...Brisingr...Inheritance. We will likely never see these being made into movies. The mistakes I mentioned before are just some of the scenes butchered.

I 100% do not recommend you see the movie Eragon. If you want something worthwhile, read the books. They are actually good.

Now this, this is for the guys who created the film. If you are going to make a movie based off a book, make sure you actually base it off the book and don't come up with your own ideas for it. Because then, in future movies, you would have to completely change factors from the books to fit with the story that you twisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment